Friday 15 May 2015

NEW Blush and Bronze Trio; Review, Compare & Contrast

It's basically a 3-in-1 but what makes it so special?


I was able to get my hands on this new Blush and Bronze Trio and try it out before it becomes available in Campaign 10. Having previously tried some of Avon's bronzers and blushes I really wanted to see how this one would differ from the rest.

I haven't seen this Avon Shimmer Block Bronzer
 in any recent campaigns so I'm not sure if it has been discontinued.
To start off with I wanted to list the bronzers and blushers I've tried from Avon.
  • Avon Glow Bronzing Pearls - You get a subtle touch of colour to your face but it requires a few applications for a stronger look.
  • Avon Glow Blusher Bronzer Duo - The translucent powder isn't as translucent as it appears in the picture and has too much sparkle for me. You really have to be careful where you place this otherwise you end up with a very sparkly face.
  • Avon Shimmer Block Bronzer - The block has some great colours ranging from dark to light. (see image on the right) however I found that no matter what brush I used or even if I used my fingers it wasn't really pigmented enough and I couldn't get it to transfer onto my skin.
  • Avon ColorTrend Cheeky Powder Blush - By far my favourite blush from Avon I purchased a Coral coloured blush. You do have to be a bit careful as you can end up with clown cheeks.
  • Avon True Colour Blush - Yet another great product from Avon again it is highly pigmented but if you tap off any excess you should be fine.
Blush and Bronze Trio

I have incorporated this into my daily make-up routine and am thoroughly pleased with it. All three shades are highly pigmented and the translucent powder does have some sparkle but not as much compared to the Avon Glow Blush Bronzer Duo which I was really happy about. It is the easiest contour and highlight kit I've seen and as straight forward as they come. 

Campaign 10 is packed with beauty how-to tips including how to use this blush and bronze trio kit. Run the highlight shade on the back of the highest part of the cheekbone and beneath eyebrows to get an instant and needle free lift. Use the sculpt shade beneath cheekbones, tip of the chin and corners of the forehead. Finally use the blush shade on the apples of the cheek and work outwards. 

I use my All Over Face brush working from light to dark as I'm not one for having many tools cluttering up my already small storage area where I keep my make-up. To get the contour shade in the right place I would suggest pinching the bristles flat to apply it where you need it and then blend it out. The same goes for the highlight shade.

If you're the type of person who doesn't fancy having a million and one beauty products this will definitely help you keep your space junk free. It even has a built in mirror so you can pop it in your bag to top up or intensify your look if you're heading out for the night after work.

The Blush and Bronze Trio will be available in Campaign 10 for £6.00 usually priced £8.00.


No comments:

Post a Comment