Tuesday 16 June 2015

NEW Kiss Proof Lipstain, candles and more ...

A new Kiss Proof Lipstain pen is featured in Brochure 11 and me being me I just had to try it. I have a rather ridiculous amount of make-up already, for a girl who doesn't usually wear make-up, but the great thing about a lipstain product is the wearability of the product. Unlike a conventional lipstick or lip gloss it won't fade, smudge or bleed and most importantly won't transfer onto glasses or your partners face!

So let's take a closer look at the new lipstains ... 


Typical Avon trademark style packaging I bought three pens in the shades Raspberry, Strawberry and Hazelnut. In my initial test runs I would say the colour you get out of the pen is very similar to the colour on the bottom of the actual packaging. Of course you can vary it between a lighter and darker application and I was very happy with my choices. So happy in fact that I took the Raspberry pen on a night out and ended up loosing it!

:'(

During my night out I didn't find myself re-applying the lipstain too many times however it is a very precise application. Some could say that's a good thing for creating the perfect pout others would disagree that it doesn't give you any leeway. You can't apply it in a traditional sense that you rub/dab a little to the centre of your lips because the way the product has been packaged itself doesn't allow for it. Because my lips are quite a pale pink that didn't really cause a problem for me as I find myself needing quite a bit of colour! Over all I really liked this lipstain and will invest in some more in the future ... once I've used the ones I already have.


My next purchase was a candle with mandarin, apricot and fresh lemon scents aptly named 'Zest'. A three part range will be launched in Brochure 11 for the Home Store section. I absolutely loved this candle because the scent is so refreshing and helps change the mood in any room. Also helps that I love citrus fruit scents. There is a bigger candle in a thick glass and a diffuser set the reason I chose this little tin candle is that once I'm finished with the candle I can melt and clean out the residue and use it to store hair bands or bobby pins! Lord knows how many of those we go through.


The last item from my small loot is the Big & Daring Volume Mascara. The wand is insanely big, wide and curved to give your lashes that bump we so often need. I was never really a fan of the more commercially sold mascara's and even from a very young age can remember sticking to an Avon mascara which was the SuperShock Mascara because the wand was as straight as an arrow as were the bristles. Subconsciously I probably picked this to avoid that hairy spider leg effect we see on so many girls. I will say it does take a certain wand and formula; primarily one that doesn't clump or go on too thick. But that's just a personal preference.



In some ways it almost feels like I've upgraded my make-up choices and styles since I was a teen. I'm more willing to experiment with bolder lip colours and different eye make-up. Looking at this brush from its side profile you can really see it's built to deliver a whopping impact. I'm able to reach both inner and outer corners and layering isn't a problem either which has been in the past.

All in all Brochure 11 is going to be filled with great items and these are just three I think you should all keep an eye out for.



No comments:

Post a Comment